As for every facial treatment, there are things to remember and consider. If you are concerned enough with your well-being before undergoing treatment, you would want to know how to be guided. And you are on the right blog! Here is your ultimate guide with Morpheus8.
Introduction to Morpheus8
Morpheus8 is a cutting-edge medical and cosmetic procedure that combines microneedling with radiofrequency (RF) technology to tighten and rejuvenate the skin. The innovative treatment has gained popularity because it addresses many skin concerns and delivers impressive results with minimal downtime.
Regarding technology, Morpheus8 utilizes a fractional RF system, which delivers radiofrequency energy through tiny needles. This energy penetrates the skin’s deep layers, stimulating collagen production and promoting skin tightening.
Morpheus8 involves the use of very fine, gold-plated microneedles that are inserted into the skin’s surface. These microneedles create micro-injuries, which trigger the body’s natural healing response and stimulate collagen and elastin production.
The RF energy delivered by Morpheus8 further enhances the skin’s rejuvenation process. It heats the skin’s deep layers, causing the existing collagen fibers to contract and promoting the production of new collagen. This results in tighter, firmer skin.
What to Expect During Procedure
For preparation, your provider will cleanse your skin correctly and may apply a topical numbing cream to ensure your comfort during the treatment. The numbing cream typically takes some time, so you may need to arrive at the clinic earlier.
The Morpheus8 procedure typically takes 30 minutes to an hour, depending on the treatment area and the extent of the skin concerns being addressed. Here’s what happens during the procedure:
- The provider will use a handheld device with fine microneedles and RF technology.
- The device is applied to the treatment area, and the microneedles are inserted into the skin, creating micro-injuries. During this process, you may feel a slight prickling or heat sensation, but it is generally well-tolerated due to the numbing cream applied beforehand.
- The RF energy is delivered through the microneedles, triggering deeper layers of the skin, where collagen production is stimulated.
- The provider may adjust the microneedles’ depth and the RF energy’s intensity based on your specific needs.
Things you Shouldn’t do when getting a Morpheus8 treatment
To maximize the effectiveness of your Morpheus8 treatment and ensure a safe and successful outcome, you must follow detailed guidelines and avoid certain activities or behaviors before and after the procedure. Here are some things you shouldn’t do when getting a Morpheus8 treatment:
- Don’t Skip the Consultation: Always start with a consultation with a qualified medical professional. They will assess your suitability for the treatment, tackle your medical history, and tailor the procedure to your specific needs.
- Don’t Tan: Avoid sun exposure and tanning beds for several weeks before the treatment. Sunburned or tanned skin is more sensitive and prone to complications during and after the procedure.
- Don’t Use Certain Skincare Products: Stop using harsh skincare products, particularly those containing retinoids or alpha hydroxy acids, for at least a week before your treatment because these products can increase skin sensitivity and make the procedure more uncomfortable.
- Don’t Wax or Pluck Hair: Avoid waxing, plucking, or other hair removal methods in the treatment area for at least a week before Morpheus8. Shaving or trimming is usually allowed, but consult your provider for specific guidelines.
- Don’t Use Blood-Thinning Medications: If you take blood-thinning medications or supplements, consult your healthcare provider about whether to stop or adjust your dosage before the treatment temporarily, helping reduce the risk of excessive bruising.
- Don’t Skip Medications: If you are on prescribed medications, consult your healthcare provider about whether you should continue taking them before and after the treatment. Do not discontinue or alter your medication regimen without medical guidance.
- Don’t Overdo Physical Activity: After the treatment, avoid strenuous exercise and activities that can cause excessive sweating, as well as activities that may increase the risk of injury to the treated area.
- Don’t Pick or Scratch: After Morpheus8, your skin may be sensitive, and you might experience some peeling or flaking. Do not pick, scratch, or exfoliate the treated area; let your skin heal naturally.
- Don’t Skip Sun Protection: After the treatment, protecting your skin from the sun is crucial. Use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher and wear protective clothing, sunglasses, and a wide-brimmed hat outdoors.
- Don’t Rush the Healing Process: Be patient with your skin’s recovery. Results from Morpheus8 typically improve over several weeks to months as collagen production increases.
- Don’t Skip Follow-up Appointments: If your provider recommends multiple sessions for optimal results, attend all scheduled appointments and follow their post-treatment instructions.
How it Differs from Other Treatments
Morpheus8 differs from other skin rejuvenation and tightening treatments in several ways, making it a unique and versatile option for addressing various skin concerns.
The most distinct characteristic of Morpheus8 is it has a combination of Microneedling and Radiofrequency (RF) Technology. Morpheus8 combines microneedling with RF energy. While microneedling creates micro-injuries to stimulate collagen production, the addition of RF technology delivers controlled heat deep into the skin, further enhancing collagen remodeling and skin tightening. The dual approach often results in more comprehensive and long-lasting improvements than treatments that use just one technology. Morpheus8 also offers a high level of customization. Medical professionals can adjust the microneedles’ depth and the RF energy’s intensity based on the patient’s unique needs and skin concerns. This versatility allows for precisely targeting specific skin issues.
Morpheus8 is versatile in various body areas, including the face, neck, chest, arms, abdomen, and thighs. This flexibility makes it suitable for addressing facial and body concerns, which is not always valid with other treatments. Morpheus8 is also generally safe and effective for individuals with different skin types and tones, including those with darker skin. This inclusivity makes it a suitable option for a broader range of patients.
Unlike surgical facelifts or body contouring procedures, Morpheus8 is non-surgical. It provides a less invasive alternative for individuals seeking skin rejuvenation and tightening without the risks, scarring, and extended recovery associated with surgery. Morpheus8 can be combined with other cosmetic treatments or procedures to enhance overall results. For example, it may be paired with injectables or laser therapies to achieve a more comprehensive facial rejuvenation.